Diet

Hey Everyone! So sorry it has been a couple of weeks since I have posted. I went on a graduation trip to see my family out in Houston, Texas!

Okie doke, here is my thing on diet. My dad and I were actually talking about it the other day! Diet is 80% of fitness. It is easy to work hard and go to the gym, it's even harder to eat right. You cannot outwork a bad diet. Think about that! How many of us would rather go to the gym than spend a little extra time in the kitchen? I'm going to be honest with you, there is no easy way to change diet. It is hard, and for the first two weeks or so you will crave the junk that you normally eat. Now, not all healthy food tastes bad! But, if you really want to see a difference, then you will have to decide if changing the food you put into your body is worth it. Someone once told me that my stomach is not a trash can, therefore I cannot just throw anything and everything into it!

Here is what I suggest. Make this experience positive! Instead of saying, "I can't have that" or "this has too many calories", tell yourself what you CAN have. For instance, for breakfast, try to throw in some kind of fruit or berry with greek yogurt! That will actually fill you up more than you think. If you are still hungry then have a bagel or toast. See how that works? You made yourself fill mostly up on the healthy stuff, so that when you consume the calories and carbs, there isn't enough room to overdo it. Same applies to lunch, dinner, and snacking. First eat what you NEED, such as: fruit, protein (chicken, eggs), veggies...and then throw in the super yummy carbs! Trust me, your body still needs them :)

Comments

Popular Posts